Thursday, July 5, 2007

Post-4th hangover

Well, I went out and saw the fireworks and took it easy on the cartooning for a day. All of us standing on an overpass of the FDR got completely soaked waiting for Mayor Bloomberg to get the party started. It was about a half hour late, but it happened. I saw a hot dog vendor from Egypt totally lose it at the sight of synchronized fireworks cascading back to earth. It made me realize how many of us gringos take that kind of stuff for granted.
Now I find myself trying to make up for lost time on the cartooning front. Back to business as usual I guess. Not that I'm complaining or anything. As I stood on that rain-soaked overpass, I hoped that I would get inspired by the mass of humanity to each direction of me. I got jack. Oh, well, back to the drawing board (literally).

No comments: