Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just voted!

Greetings everyone!
I just filled out my absentee ballot and could be happier! I'm not usually that excited about elections, but this one is different. After eight years of a sagging economy, 2 wars and shoddy leadership, I voted for the smart guy. It's also refreshing to know that we could have our first African-American president in the White House.
As a young boy, I remember my father telling me stories of Dr. Martin Luther King and how things were back in the day. He would often tell me that he didn't think he'd see the day when America elected an African American for president. I know that he's probably smiling right now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not voting for Obama just because he's African-American. We've had black people run for president before. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Alan Keyes. All of those dudes were highly unqualified clowns. I didn't give them a second thought. But now comes this dude with grand ideas of turning the country around. A guy who is trying to unify the nation instead of dividing it. This can only be good news for America. I got nothing against McCain. He seems like a real patriotic guy and, of course, a war hero.
But I think that America is looking for change. And he ain't it.

No comments: