Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm back!

Sorry for the extended delay, but I had to take care of a few loose ends back in Florida. I'm back in my Queens studio today with renewed energy to create some decent cartoons.
I've been reading a lot of industry news lately and it seems that the newspaper cartoonist is in danger, particularly the editorial cartoonist. With the advent of the web and syndication I've been seeing editorial cartoonists' jobs drop like flies. As newspapers contract one of the first positions deemed 'disposable' is the cartoonist.
Comics page cartoonists aren't faring any better. We're seeing comic pages shrink all over the place, leaving limited space for cartoons. I've been trying to help myself out with freelance lately and I feel that might be the way to go for a while. At least until we all learn Flash.

No comments: