Saturday, June 28, 2008

New York morning

Well, It's Sunday morning and its hot as hell! Thought I'd left the heat and humidity back in Florida. I have about 12 cartoons to process this weekend, but I'll prolly get them done by Sunday morning. Got freelance job interview next week. Yay! If it wasn't for freelance gigs and my monthly cartoonist royalty I'd be done for. Life if kinda different now that I don't have a full-time gig. Fortunately the other "starving-artists" in and around the neighborhood remind me that I'm not alone in this. It's good to be a part of a movement, I guess.
I found a new art supply store yesterday. I used to go to Pearl on Canal St. but got tired of climbing 5 flights of stairs to get what I want, not to mention the mindless tourists hanging around. I'm now going to the oddly-named Blicks. Technically its in Village, but has more of a SoHo feel. Good stuff, cheap prices and no stairs! My kinda art store.

No comments: