Friday, June 6, 2008

100th blog entry

I'm sitting here at the Starbucks on 145th street in NYC on a chilly and dreary day. I'm supposed to go back and start drawing new stuff for my "Cafe con Leche" cartoon but I'm just not in the mood. That never stops me though, I'm probably still going to get about 4 cartoons done today. Today I'm going to take a break from the foot-pounding job search. I've applied for a ton of jobs online and registered with a bunch of creative employment services around the city. I only have a few more days here until I jet back to Tampa to start the process of packing things up. That means that I have to get a ton of cartoons done before my move 2 weeks from now. Whew! I think I'll get it done. I think.
This is going to be my home now. Though I do love the city and all of its trappings, there is still the a bit of uneasyness in the air. I'll essentially be a squatter for the next few months and I only have a limited amount of savings in the bank. Fortunately I can always rely on my monthly syndicate royalty check (such as it is), which is a good reason to continue with the cartooning.
Make no mistake, there is a very daunting challenge facing me here. Being thrown to the wolves can be a scary prospect, however I have some REALLY good friends who are helping me along the way. To tell the truth, though, I'm really excited about all of this. I've been in kind of a rut of late and this is a necessary change, albeit an unexpected one.
Well, I'm off to the local Duane Reade pharmacy to buy a few necessities.

No comments: