Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve: Fireworks and stuff

So, it's the close of the year, time to look back and reflect on what has happened in 2007. Well, I guess that biggest news for me this year is the launch of my second cartoon "Cafe con Leche." I must admit, I had a really tough start with this toon, but soon felt very comfortable with its characters and story lines. I took a month-long sabbatical to New York City last summer to specifically define the strip and focus on making it better. Now the tough thing is marketing it.
Going forward to 2008, my main goal will be to market "Cafe Con Leche" heavily. I plan on taking trips to newspapers, specifically small newspapers and African American newspapers in hopes to start a base. That was the winning formula when I launched "Working It Out" 6 years ago.

No comments: